Providing meaningful employment is one of the most significant ways that business contributes to the livelihoods of individuals and communities.
- Adopting new approaches to recruitment and creating quality work experiences makes work more accessible for people who face multiple barriers to employment
- Offering jobs with fair pay, greater security, and opportunities for development can ensure that employment provides a sustainable route out of poverty and boosts business productivity and economic performance
- A diverse workforce should be at the heart of any profitable business, but workplaces today still do not reflect the full diversity of the society in which they operate.
- Inclusive policies and processes progress are needed alongside cultural change to develop a workplace in which staff can realise their potential
- Reporting on targets is essential to keep recruitment, pay and progression-free from bias